1. It's the last day of 2013! Super excited to see what the new year brings. I feel like so much has changed in our lives in the last year or so. Can't wait to see what's ahead.
2. Chuck and I went out for my birthday Saturday night. We went to Montgomery Inn at the Boathouse. We've had a gift card to use there for 3 years. Yes, we do get out a lot, why do you ask?
3. We had just gotten our food when a waiter came by and ask Chuck if he wanted a box for his food. I guess he didn't think he'd finish it? Later on that same waiter walked past our table and mumbled "Uh-huh" under his breath. I told Chuck it was because he was getting a box for his leftovers. (Would've been funnier if he'd have said "Nailed it!" but I'll take the "Uh-huh")
4. We're gearing up for high sports season around here-Jarron and Jackson have basketball games pretty much every Saturday until March and Bryce starts indoor lacrosse. Free time, it was nice knowing you.
5. I'm going to be the world's oldest bridesmaid this June. My sweet friend Amanda is getting married and graciously asked me to be in her wedding. I'm honored to do it but I'm half afraid the dress shops are going to think I'm her mother.
6. I'm also going to be an aunt again this June. I can't tell you how excited and happy I am. When my brother texted me with the news (yes, he told me he and his wife were expecting via a text message photo of the positive pregnancy test), I literally screamed with joy. We'll find out in late January if we will remain an all boys club or if I'll finally get to take someone to the American Girls store.
7. I really, really, really love my new job. A lot. Just wanted to share that.
8. We have officially entered the vacation planning season. I can't wait to see where we will decide to go. We've gone to Destin the past three years. I wouldn't be too terribly sad to end up there again.
9. Jackson was telling me last night how much he has enjoyed being home every day for Christmas vacation. "Sleeping in, no school, no homework. This is the life." Moose looked over at him from his bed, smirked, and said, "This is my life every day. It's pretty awesome to be me." Ha ha. Yes, yes it is.
10. Happy New Year, friends! Hope that you have a safe and happy evening with the ones you love.
See you in 2014...
inspiration from our creative team – november
15 hours ago